Welcome, upcoming leagues, tournaments, and more!
Welcome to the new Northern Colorado Disc Golf Club Newsletter! It's our hope this monthly newsletter can help keep community members informed of upcoming events, course updates, and fun bits of news.
Please be patient as we figure out best how to deliver this news, what exactly will go into it, and all that sorta stuff.
Feel like we missed something? Have an update for the next newsletter? An event you want to promote? An accomplishment you want to brag about? Fill out the submission form here!
News from Friends and Around Town
As the weather (sort of) improves and the days get longer, lots of disc golf is just around the corner! Here are some updates from local leaders to get you ready.
North Gate Update
from John Reed
The indoor putting league will continue at Anheuser-Busch until March 10th.
Starting March 17th, we are moving outside and running our standard Spring/Summer/Fall league until the fall-back time change. No Saturday leagues scheduled.
3 Disc Fundraiser Event (March 12th)
Maverick has headed up a solution on what to do with unclaimed Lost and Found discs at A-B. After making a true effort to return discs to owners, we were left with dozens of discs. We discussed a way to find a benefit from these discs, and we have come to an agreement with Greg at A-B. We'll be running a "3 disc event" of sorts!
- You will have the opportunity to purchase 2-3 discs from North Gate and play a "Lost and Found Only" round at A-B!
- Format: Random Doubles
- Base, $20, is a blind pull from both the distance/fairway pile and the putters/mids pile. Gets you a free beer and entry into event.
- Deluxe, $30, everything you see above plus one of the 16 blind discs that was either graciously provided by Discmania or by the Leadership team at North Gate. Supplies limited!
- Beware, these will be luck of the draw! That's the fun of it!
- Our biggest goal with this event is to have a positive impact on the course we love and community that show us so much love. I can't remember where, but I once heard that one of the ways we can support women in disc golf is to provide more restroom opportunities. So, the money we raise will be going towards and a new porta-potty and privacy fence near hole 14/15.
Lastly, we'll have more details on a later newsletter, but we are planning on running a North Gate C-Tier this season!
Check out North Gate's pages on Facebook and Instagram for more info.
Fort Collins Fun Disc Golf Update
by Danny Burd
FCFDG will be posting our season schedule soon, when the weather gets better the Edora redesign/makeover will start happening, we always run the beginner focused events. Grow the Sport! Whoever has the most fun wins. Peace, love, and Disc Golf!
Find more information on FCFDG on their Facebook page.
Updates from the Colorado Disc Golf Hall of Fame
from Kyle Harrigan
This Spring the Colorado Disc Golf Hall of Fame will host 3 PDGA events at Ultra DiscGolfPark. The Colorado Disc Golf Hall of Fame Championships, March 5th and 6th, is an event to celebrate the people who have made a profound impact on the sport of Disc Golf in Colorado. This year will be the 2nd class of the Hall of Fame and will be announced March 5th!
April 15th-17th the Rocky Mountain Soda Company: Rocky Mountain Amateur Championships will feature nearly 300 competitors from around the region, all working toward winning the largest Amateur-only event in the Rocky Mountain Region!
Rounding out the spring events will be the Professional only A-Tier, the 303 Open. The 303 Open will feature local and touring professionals from around the country competing on a modified long layout, the title of Champion and a qualifying spot in the 2022 United States Disc Golf Championships and the 2022 Throw Pink Women's Disc Golf Championships in October.
Edora Course Updates
Edora's redesign is still in the development phase. You may have noticed some changes on the course before the winter, but major changes are still yet to come. The city is currently planning to conduct work in phases. First starting with basket sleeves and tee signs. Then moving to new tee pads and landscaping in a more substantial phase of change. Please be patient as Edora is a multi-use park, so we are just one group of many stakeholders. If you have any questions about the redesign or want to help out when there are workdays, please email us at email@example.com
2022 NoCo Leagues, St. Patty's, and other events
The 2022 Tuesday leagues will begin in late March. We're getting tags made right now, so be on the lookout for when those are available. Once the time changes, we'll be sending out notices about 2022 Tuesday night leagues and other events.
This year for St. Patty's we are working on some changes. The event has been a bit of a victim of its own success and outgrown its origins. As such, St. Patty's will now be a C-tier event consisting of one Pro and one Am day. In its place we'll be hosting a B-tier in June or July (pending approvals) that will be the more premier, multi-day event. This will make for smoother planning given the longer day length and more reliable weather needed to pull off such a large event. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we make this change - overall, it's going to help us deliver a much better series of events!
Upcoming NCDGC Events:
- TBD - Tuesday league begins after the time change
- March 19th - St. Patty's Tournament
Membership and More
- Club meetings are on the 1st Monday of every month at 6pm at the Old Town Library. Show up or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- Stay tuned to the newsletter for information on work days and other opportunities to volunteer.
Leave a Reply